ELABORATE styles are in with bright colours to fascinate and delight.
While black and white is still a fabulous, classy option, don't be afraid to go all out with a bright orange, pink, red or sky blue.
The dazzling formal dresses for this week's fashion are courtesy of Strictly Feminine Fantasy Rags on Goondoon St.
And for those who prefer a more subtle, casual look, try adding some bling and heels to a summer dress.
3Style Clothing presents some great options, with two stylish Cooper Street dresses and a pop of colour with some eye-catching heels.
These can be dolled up with some shiny drape earrings such as those available at Fantasy Rags.
For another option, take a tip from the celebrities.
A simple, plain dress - either white or bright - can make for a superb formal dress.
Just add some heels, a fancy hairdo, earrings or alluring necklace.
For those looking for that perfect formal outfit make sure to try on your dress and purchase something that suits your own style and personality.
In saying that, don't be afraid to try something new that complements your character.
And last but not least, don't forget your matching clutch.
This can complement and make all the difference to your 2013 formal outfit.
In your purse:
- Lip balm, lipstick, comb, bobby pins, gum/mints, band-aids, cash, tickets (if needed), ID, mobile, other necessities.
Dress shopping tips:
- Get something within your budget.
- Find something that suits your style and shape.
- If you're purchasing from the internet give yourself plenty of time and be sure to have the correct sizes. Internet buys can be risky.
- Wear your heels around at home before your big night.
- Finding the ideal dress does not mean spending a fortune. Look at the sales racks, local department stores and don't forget your trusty second-hand shop. These can come in handy, especially if you have a mum or friend who can sew and re-design.
- If you are planning on having your make-up done, ensure you allow time for a trial run a week or so beforehand. The same rule applies to hair.
- Eyebrow waxing and plucking should be done at least three days prior to your big event - this will allow time for the redness to go down.
- Button-up shirts are generally your best bet when getting your hair done.
- Tell your date what colour you are wearing for best match possible.
- Arrange after-formal activities with your friends ahead.
- Be safe and have fun
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.