TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Observer – Get Set for Summer
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents who reside within The Observer distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland 4680. ABN 25 009 781 891.
- To enter, contestants must collect the entry form printed in The Observer between Saturday August 20, 2016 and Friday September 16, 2016 (inclusive).
- Entry forms must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The contestant must place their fully completed entry form in an envelope addressed to The Observer – Set for Summer; then:
- Deliver to: The Observer, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland; or
- Send to: PO Box 351 Gladstone Qld 4680;
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period (clause 14).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
- Entry is free, however, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with delivering entries via office delivery or by post.
- There will be 10 winners chosen by random draw. The winners will each receive:
- One (1) Set for Summer prize pack consisting of:
- 1 Leisure Deluxe Chair
- 1 Arctic Cooler Bag
- 1 Golf Umbrella
- 1 Cap
- 1 Sports Drink Bottle
- 1 Stubby Cooler; and
- 1 Key Ring Opener
- Retail value of each pack is $120.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Prizes that remain uncollected at 10:00am Tuesday October 18, 2016 will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (clause 26).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $1,200.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday August 20, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Friday September 16, 2016 (“Promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680 at 10:00am Monday September 19, 2016.
- Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification and winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s details will be published in The Observer public notices Tuesday September 20, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Observer office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up within 30 days from the initial draw. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 30 days notification will be entered into a redraw at The Observer, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld 4680 and redraw winners will be drawn randomly at 10:00am (AEST) Tuesday October 18, 2016.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
27. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
28. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
29. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
30. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
31. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
32. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
34. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.