Terms and Conditions: The Observer – Win $1000 of Scratchies
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants must be aged 18+ at the time of entry. Contestants must be an Australian resident to be eligible to enter.
The Promoter is Gladstone Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Queensland. ABN 25 009 781 891.
1. Method of Entry: From Saturday January 30, 2016 to Friday February 26, 2016, eligible contestants must purchase any retail product at the prevailing usual retail price from a registered participating Newsagent that stocks The Observer newspaper during this promotional period.
Contestants must redeem the entry form published in The Observer between Saturday January 30, 2016 and Wednesday February 24, 2016, attach the proof of purchase receipt to the entry form, place in an envelope marked The Observer – Win $1,000 of Scratchies; then:
- Send to: PO Box 351 Gladstone Qld 4680; or
- Deliver to: 130 Auckland Street Gladstone Qld 4680.
- Entries must be received by The Observer no later than the closing date/time.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Receipts must be from a purchase at a participating Newsagency.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one (1) prize.
One original entry form per standard envelope.
2. Prizes: One (1) winner will win:
- Golden Casket Instant Scratchies worth $1,000.00 (inclusive of GST) purchased from the Newsagency where the winning entrant’s initial proof of purchase was made.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize in this competition is $1,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
The prize is valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences 6:00am (AEST) Saturday January 30, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm (AEST) Friday February 26, 2016. Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed to be invalid entries and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) Employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(iii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at The Observer office, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone Qld at 10:00am Monday February 29, 2016 (AEST). Winner’s details will be published in The Observer on Tuesday March 1, 2016. Prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from The Observer office unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.