Terms and Conditions for “Mother’s Day Monday”
The Gladstone Observer
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must cut out from The Observer any prize item from the Mother’s Day Monday page published each Monday. The cut out item must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The cut out prize item must be then placed in an envelope with the name of the item, your name and address and a contact phone number on the back of the envelope and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to “Mother’s Day Monday Competition,” The Observer, P O Box 351, Gladstone, QLD 4680 (so it is received before the monthly Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to Reception, The Observer, 130 Auckland Street, Gladstone.
Contestants may submit more than one entry but there is only one prize to be won per person. Contestants may submit multiple entries in the one envelope as long as it is the same cut out prize item. Different items must be entered in separate envelopes.
2. Prize:There is one prize to be won per person and there may be more of one particular prize item. The prize values may differ from retail value and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Monday 02 April, 2012 and ends on Friday 4th May, 2012 at 12pm. Entry deadline is Friday 4th May, 2012 at 12pm,2012(“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
3 Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: Prize winners will be selected by random draw at or around 2:00pm Friday 4th May, 2012at The Observer office and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that any of the winners have not come forward by 12pm on a Friday a fortnight after the winners have been contacted, or the winner provided incorrect details, the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 2.00pm at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner (s). In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number provided.
7. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of APN Newspapers (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
Promoter: The Gladstone Observer: ABN 25 009 781 891