Terms and Conditions for “Kids of Spirit”
The Gladstone Observer
- The nominee must reside within the boundaries controlled by the Gladstone Regional Council (GRC) and eligible entrants may be nominated by themselves or a member of the community (within GRC boundaries).
- The nominee must be an individual, but can be part of a team or community organisation.
The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- advertising agencies, newsagents and subagents of the Promoter;
- the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees, agents and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- The competition is targeted at those in Prep to Year 10 and therefore is open to those aged between and including five and sixteen years of age.
- All age groups eligible & gender will compete against each other for the weekly prize.
- The weekly and yearly Kids of Spirit winner will be decided by a panel of judges with their decision being final & no discussions will be entered into.
- The individual weekly winner will be awarded a McDonalds family meal deal.
- Weekly winners will be ineligible to be nominated on multiple occasions during 2013.
- Winners must abide by all award promotional requirements (i.e. story and photo requirements with The Observer) and have to receive both the prize and Weekly Kids of Spirit award.
- Personal images/details may be used for promotional purposes.
- Weekly winners will also go into the draw to win the overall award/s.
- Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery or bank account details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prize s lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage, courier or EFT. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Entries and privacy: All entries become the property of APN Australian Regional Media and may be used for marketing purposes. This information is being collected by APN Australian Regional Media to assist us in improving our products and services. We may share your information with APN Australian Regional Media related companies. We may be in touch to let you know about goods, services or promotions that may be of interest to you with special offers or in relation to our other goods and services.
Promoter: The Gladstone Observer: ABN 25 009 781 891